Friday, June 1, 2007

i want to live

where it rains. but this is half the problem, because i go out into it, thinking i can, and i end up with a busted tos, bad cough. small price to pay, perhaps.

the rain is coming down, and funny thing is, today, i was listening to my itunes, writing field notes, when ccr ¨have you ever seen the rain¨ came on. then rain song by ether.

i have been sick the past few days, and my nicolasa mother has chewed me out a few times. i deserve it. i keep going out in the rain. there is too much to do.

i have been busy with my field work, and this makes me happy. there are things to do everyday, and my biggest struggle is to sit down and write when i would much rather play the serious game with ricardo amilcar, jason, or aracely. or kiss brayan´s little face. or talk to Cristobal, or basically any other thing. this is my challenge.

i am rambling, talking to amy on gchat, but i have been thinking about this lately, reading the tao more than i ought?

I have just three things to teach:
simplicity, patience, compassion.
These three are your greatest treasures.
Simple in actions and in thoughts,
you return to the source of being.
Patient with both friends and enemies,
you accord with the way things are.
Compassionate toward yourself,
you reconcile all beings in the world.

This I found after having read Moroni 7:45-48. I am done writing now.

2 comments:

heathen said...

The other day Amy said, "That's why I'm a Taoist," and we laughed at her. The Tao is cool. I almost bought a book of Tao wisdom, but then opted for Walden by Henry David Thoreau. I don't know if it was a good choice yet.

my ghostwriter said...

yeah, they made fun of me, andrea. really. but i practiced simplicity in my words, patience in my reaction, and compassion for their cynical minds. kum kali shalom. i like this post.